Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 33 seconds
I will use Epic Boss Fight as an example to tell you workaround for this solution. This is a very cumbersome workaround, but it does work.
1) Go to "Steamsteamappsworkshopcontent570305278898" (570 folder is Dota 2, 305278898 is Epic Boss Fight).
2) Create a folder in "Steamsteamappscommondota 2 betagamedota_addons" called whatever you want. Pick something short like "ebf".
3) Download GCFScape to extract the files:
4) Extract the contents of 305278898.vpk into the new folder "ebf" that you have created.
5) Run Steam and start Dota2
6) Open Console (try with ` or key) (if your console doesn't open, then follow up coming console guide)
7) type "dota_launch_custom_game " without quotes. Folder name is the folder you created. Valid map names for Epic Boss Fight are epic_boss_fight_normal, epic_boss_fight_hard, and epic_boss_fight_impossible.
Another way is to extract map and then load it up using the Workshop Tools. If you want to use Workshop Tools then
8) Run the Dota 2 Workshop Tools and select the folder you created. (If you don't have Workshop Tools, right click Dota 2 in your library list, go to properties, then DLC tab, then check Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC. It's about 440 MB. You can run the tools by right clicking Dota 2 in your library and selecting the tools option).
Press backslash key to open console (if your console is not setup yet, then follow the instructions below)
Now you can open up console with backslash key